Based on recommendation provided by the PPP Coordinating Council under the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 13, 2013, the General meeting of shareholders dated March 18, 2014 established the Public Private Partnership Advisory Center LLP (PPPAC).
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On concessions” the PPPAC is defined as a single legal entity providing advisory support of republican concession projects as well as the local concession projects, unless otherwise is established by the relevant decision of the local executive authority.
In connection with expansion of the PPPAC’s functional authorities, by the decision of extraordinary General meeting of participants dated September 2, 2016, the company name PPPAC was changed to Kazakhstan Project Preparation Fund Limited Liability Partnership (the Fund). The Fund undertook a full-scale transformation aimed at the extension of the Fund’s current business model in order to work with private projects and attract non-public investors.
Thus, the Fund’s mission is to attract investments to Kazakhstan development projects through:
- The search of investment and infrastructure projects which require quality project documentation;
- The design of project documentation for such projects in accordance with the requirements of potential investors and lending institutions;
- Independent financing of project documentation design based on repayment terms;
- The search of financial solutions for the projects, including the attraction of shared and debt financing among the local and international financial institutions, agencies and funds.
Being the subsidiary of Baiterek NMH JSC and having the status of the state development institute, the Fund actively facilitates the implementation of government programs, such as SPIID and Nurly zhol, pursuing the goal of improving competitiveness by supporting the projects in non-primary sectors of the economy. At the same time, the Fund is focused on the projects with highly competitive products, which have a high potential of both domestic and export demand.
Interests of the shareholders in the Fund’s authorized capital:
- Baiterek National Managing Holding JSC (the Holding) – 97,7 %
- Kazakhstan Public-Private Partnership Center JSC – 2,3 %